Air pollution is the biggest threat to our lives. A number of health issues are often caused due to inhaling poor indoor air quality. In this blog, we talk about how to test air quality in your home.
The adverse effect of indoor air pollution is twice as much dangerous as outdoor air pollution. Since air pollutants in the home are almost invisible to your eyes, it is, however, important to keep a check on the air quality.
How to test air quality in your home?
- Install air quality monitor in your room to know if your indoor has clean house air.
- Keep a tab on indoor smoking. Allow no one to smoke indoors.
- Check the humidity level in your house. Is it above 50%?
- Inspect for any leaks in your home areas – such as – kitchen, bathroom, basement, etc.?
- Keep a check on the fuel burning appliances, especially gas stoves and water heaters. These must be placed in a proper ventilation space and regularly serviced.
- Watch out for any mold or mildew growth in the corner of your rooms.
- Call the pesticides for a home inspection.
- Look at the furniture in your home and see if they need any remolding.
- If you use odor masking chemical products, consider removing them.
- Do you use air freshening devices? If yes, it is best to eliminate them from your regular grocery shopping.
Do you think your indoor air quality is unhealthy? Monitor house air pollution with Prana Indoor Air Quality Monitors and know the air you are breathing. You can also install Prana Air Purifier that can help clean the indoor environment from harmful toxic elements present in the air.
We hope our blog how to test air quality in your home comes useful with these easy tips. Visit www.pranaair.com for more information on our upcoming products.