As the country is experiencing monsoon season lately. Monsoon season can be pretty harsh to the cars. Especially the interiors. It is that time of the year when most of the car indoor starts to smell weird. A lot of times, people don’t understand where this foul smell is coming from. However, checking the HVAC system in a car could help you understand the underlying issue.
In this blog, today, we discuss the ways you can know how to take care of the HVAC system in your car.
HVAC system stands for heating, ventilation, and air condition. The purpose of the HVAC system in your car is to clean, cool heat, regulate, ventilate and dehumidify the air entering the cabin.
Often, at times due to the rise in temperature and humidity level inside the car environment, a foul odor can make your car interior smell bad. Especially, during monsoon season, car seat covers and carpets can get damp. This can give rise to the musty smell which further creates fungus or mold growth in unexpected areas.
Hence, it important to keep your HVAC system in check – to see if it has any issues that need a quick fix to avoid any issues in the car ride to your destination.
Things you can do during Monsoons to make sure your car interior environment is safe and healthy:
- Avoid using car cover – it can make the interior hotter, which leads to volatile gasses and humidity level to cause a foul smell and bacteria growth.
- Get your car serviced regularly so it continues to work efficiently. Check the cabin car filter as well, placed inside the glove box under the HVAC system.
- Get your AC dust disinfected professionally as the moisture inside the AC system can lead to fungal growth over time.
- Use all-weather mats that can be dried off easily inside your car.
- In case your seats and carpets get wet, use newspapers to soak off excess water or roll down your windows to let them dry air.
- Install car purifier to remove foul smell present in the car, especially during monsoon season.
Looking for the best car air purifier online? Visit www.pranaair.com to find exciting offers on our products and services.