Manufacturing is the making of a new product by physical or chemical transformations by using machineries, capitals and investments. Manufacturing industry is the vast industry in India. Manufacturing industry includes manufacturing of automobile, food processing & consumer goods, pharmaceutical and drugs, chemical, cement, electrical equipments, textile, electronics.
According to India Brand Equity Foundation (IBEF) manufacturing sector in India accounts for automobile manufacturing-25.8 %, chemicals manufacturing other than fertilizers: 18.5%, drugs and pharmaceutical manufacturing- 18.0%, food processing industry- 10.4%, electrical equipments manufacturing- 10.0%, cement and gypsum manufacturing- 5.3%, textiles manufacturing (both dyed & printed) – 3.7%, electronic manufacturing- 3.2%
Air Quality Problems in Manufacturing Industry
Industrial processes can lead to environmental degradation. The major degradation is seen in air and water quality. Emissions from industries increase concentration of pollutants in air which have direct impact on human and environmental health. Manufacturing industries at big scale have numerous departments within. Along with this, the emissions from industrial processes lead to occupational hazards at work places. Major contributing pollutant from industries is Particulate Matter (PM 10 and PM 2.5). Along with this Particulate matter, SOx, NOx, VOCs and HCHO are also released in air environment.
Large scale manufacturing industries have HVAC system. The contamination is easily transferred through HVAC system in whole unit/ building whenever an infected person sneezes, talks or coughs.
Several machines are used in manufacturing industry that can lead to surface contamination. These machines are continuously touched by different personnel in manufacturing units.
Dust (Particulate Matter)
Mixture of solid particles with liquid droplets makes Particulate matter. PM contains dust, dirt, soot and smoke. Different industries emit different types of dust in environment. For example, the cement industry releases gypsum dust (inorganic dust) and dust plaster which can react in air to form other harmful compounds.
It is formed when hydrocarbon fuels are combusted completely. Appliances for electricity and heating release carbon dioxide when not operated on solar power. This can increase the global carbon burden. Too much CO2 levels show that the place is not properly ventilated.
Sulfur and Nitrogen Oxides
These oxides are released from electricity production, paper & pulp manufacturing and even from wood products manufacturing.
Maintenance activities at industries release high concentrations of VOCs. Some industries offer emergency mock drills like fire training adding up a volume to VOCs concentration.
Formaldehyde is released from power plants, incineration and some wood products in industries.
Many industries have parking lots. Entry and exit of vehicles from these lots release carbon monoxide, smoke, VOCs, NOx and CO2 depending on vehicle’s number.
Sewage Treatment Plants
Hydrogen sulfides and pathogens are found near STPs in manufacturing industries like automobile and pharmaceuticals. The high concentration of hydrogen sulfides leads to AC gas leakage and corroding of electronic appliances. Pathogens cause infections in human body.
The moist area promoting bad odor, growth of bacteria, viruses, mildew, molds and other biological infections. Transmission of pathogenic infection is high.
Noise & Temperature
Many equipments and activities operate at high noises which impact hearing aid of employee. Some machineries release heat that can increase temperature indoors.
Air Quality Solutions For Manufacturing Industry
Air Quality Monitor
- Helps you to know the quality of air present
- Installed with special sensors that continuously monitor the concentration of parameters like particulate matter, carbon dioxide, HCHO, tVOCs.
- Cost effective and easily portable
- Monitors the key parameters in Real-time that are in sync with LEED, WELL and ASHRAE
- Monitors PM10, PM2.5, PM1, CO2, TVOCs, HCHO, CO, temperature and humidity
- Based on Photocatalytic Oxidation which combines UV-C irradiation with a catalyst
- Removes the harmful biological contaminants such bacteria, virus, fungi & mold, and spores in time span of less than 24 hours.
- Efficiency rate of 99.99%
- Capable to kill SARS-COV-2 virus through molecular dissociation. Molecular dissociation kills the pathogen at its genomic level and is an irreversible change
Fresh Air Machine
- Gives clean and fresh air
- Filter pollutants in indoor environment.
- Contains Carbon layer and HEPA filters
- Reduces regulation of bad air
- Increases fresh air regulation
- 200 m3/h of Clean Air Delivery Rate (CADR) for formaldehyde
- 334 m3/h of Clean Air Delivery Rate (CADR) for particulate matter
- Covering area of 24-41m2
- 05% filtration rate for PM 2.5, bacteria and virus
Get In Touch With Us
Contact us for more details about the air quality solutions.
Drop a message